Continues through to June 3, 2022
With the Ministry Support Working Group, we are pleased to once again offer Stroll for Your Soul as a gift to those in Chinook Winds Region. Last year more than 250 people participated in the 2021 Stroll for the Soul.
Stroll for Your Soul offers 21 days of accompaniment through a brief email delivered early each morning to your inbox. Each email offers a practice, reflection, poem, or a photograph giving direction and encouragement to your time spent walking or jogging or biking or even skateboarding.
It takes 21 days to create a habit. Use these daily emails as motivation to get outside. They will help you notice the green and growing glories of Spring. If you are a regular walker, they offer practice at paying attention and being in the present moment. Weave silence and mindful reflection into whatever minutes you have to give to yourself. Deepen your awareness of seeing the Divine in the ordinary and practice being in the present moment with these daily emails.
We are thankful for once again joining with the Prayer Bench’s Janice MacLean. The 2022 Stroll for Your Soul is a collaboration between Kereru Publishing in New Zealand and Prayer Bench in Canada. Janice and Caroline Binden, Kereru, explore the unique spirituality of their landscapes
Thank you for the efforts of Rev. Nancy Nourse, Chair, and the Ministry Support Working Group and others for organizing!
The program is available to you and your community of faith for free; costs are covered by Chinook Winds Region.
Please see more details below for how you and others can participate. Please email Nancy Nourse with any questions.
In the meantime, looking forward to strolling with you through to June 3, 2022!
Treena Duncan, Executive Minister
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Sign up HERE to be part of Stroll for Your Soul. While Stroll for the Soul begins on Saturday, May 14, it’s still possible to sign up after that date. You’ll receive emails every day till June 3, 2022.
- Invite others to join you on the Walking Challenge — your Community of Faith, Family, and Friends — Share this email, information and link. Please DO NOT share that link on social media. It is to be shared directly via email between you and other interested participants. This is at the request of Janice MacLean, the creator of Stroll for Your Soul.
- “Like” the Chinook Winds Facebook Page if you’ve not already done so.
- Share your comments and photos on the Chinook Winds Facebook Page. The Stroll Organizers will be posting regularly. You can share your progress in these posts’ comments and with photos. You will be able to keep track of others’ joining you on the 21-Day Stroll.
- If you are organizing a group you may also want to access some of the optional promotional materials found in this dropbox. There is a Leader letter, an excel sheet, and other promotional information.
Any questions, please contact Rev. Nancy Nourse, Chair, Ministry Support Working Group