Chinook Winds Region gains a new Stewardship and Gifts Officer — Jane Harding and this is her first Stewardship Update to Chinook Winds Region. . You can reach Jane by calling or texting 604-761-1677 or via Email.
Mission & Service
- Deadline for 2018 Mission & Service gifts to General Council Office is January 31st
- NEW 2019 Minute for Mission booklets sent in December – need additional copies – let me know – download Minutes for Mission and new videos – Minutes for Mission 2019
Congregational Giving 2019 Called to be the Church: Loving Our Neighbours
- The 2019 edition is in the Mail. NEW worship materials for the 5 weeks of Lent are included written by our new Moderator, The Rt. Rev. Richard Bott!! Sermons feature spiritual practices relating to generosity
- Each Community of Faith was sent a basic level package – smaller for family size congregations [75 people average weekly attendance]
- Each minister will be sent the full package
- Downloadable stewardshiptoolkit.ca
- Promotional video https://goo.gl/BNHYgZ
New Webinars “Loving our Neighbours: Inspire Invite Thank”
- Use this three-part series to implement your annual giving program in Lent 2019 or any other time this year.
- Sessions introduce new material, features this year’s program, focus on one of the three key practices that encourage generosity, giving and gratitude
Inspire (February 5 or April 30): Learn to share your faith and tell stories
Invite (February 12 or May 7): Invite others to support God’s mission through community meal/letter
Thank (February 19 or May 14): Ensure thanks and gratitude are timely, personal and sincere
For more information register Here
Planned Giving (PG)
- Did you know the United Church receives approximately $17.8 Million per year in Planned Giving and 80% of those flow directly to a Congregation? Is your Community of Faith prepared to receive a Planned Gift? Are you letting people know there are wonderful ways they can leave a substantial gift and a wonderful legacy?
- Interesting Link – When Should You Review your Will or Estate Plan?
Understand the New Assessment Process
Questions about the new Assessment process (in place now) Would you like resources? A great YouTube Video explains New Assessments and also gives links to helpful information and resources
Be in touch!!!
- Looking for encouragement – new ways to think about stewardship – best practice resources – help in implementing CoF giving through
- Mission & Service
- Planned Legacy Giving – United Church Foundation
- Investing opportunities for your CoF
- Personalised support to help grow strong generous thankful disciples
Then please contact me – I’m here as a resource for you
Let’s work together for God’s Mission
Jane Harding, Stewardship & Gifts Officer
Pacific Mountain and Chinook Winds Regions