By Rev. Stephen Harper, Pastoral Relations Minister
On Tuesday, March 1st, we anticipate the Government of Alberta will lift the indoor mask mandate. As private institutions, our Communities of Faith have the right to continue to require masking for worship services and other congregational activities.
However, please realize that without the Provincial Government’s mandate in place, enforcement of such policies might be problematic.
Chinook Winds Region continues to encourage Communities of Faith to exercise caution in order to protect those most vulnerable amongst us – which means putting practises in place which go beyond the minimum.
As you make decisions the Region recommends that you encourage the following:
- Exercise caution, the virus is still present and spreading.
- Maintain social distancing.
- Wearing masks with a minimum of 3 layers.
- Within reason, do what you can to improve ventilation.
- Minimize singing. Soloists and choirs should be distanced from the congregation, and congregational singing should be masked.
- Keep services on the shorter side.
- Use only single-serve communion (not a common loaf or cup).
Questions? Email Stephen