With lay and ministry personnel leaders participating in-person and online, LeaderSHIFT’s Leading through Conflict two-day workshop took place at Woodcliff United Church, Calgary on October 27-28, 2023.
The Workshop was led by Rev. Susan Nienaber, a licensed marriage and family therapist, consultant, mediator and Director of Congregational Vitality for the United Methodist Church’s Minnesota Conference.
Please check out the photos below and Susan’s recommended reading list.
Susan Nienaber’s recommended reading list:
- A Charge to Keep: Reflective Supervision and the Renewal of Christian Leadership, by Jane Leach
- Congregational Fitness: Healthy Practices for Layfolk, by Denise Goodman
- Non-Violent Communication, by Marshall Rosenberg
- Taking the War out of Our Words, by Sharon Strand Ellison
- Turning to One Another: Simple Conversations to Restore Hope to the Future, by Margaret Wheatley