Begins Wednesday, May 19
The Stroll for Your Soul Walking Challenge beginning Wednesday, May 19, 2021!
The Chinook Winds Ministry Support Working Group has partnered with Janice MacLean of The Prayer Bench to offer Stroll for Your Soul!
It will offer 21 days of accompaniment on your Walking Challenge through a brief email delivered early each morning to your email inbox. Each email will offer a spiritual practice, a reflection, poem, or photograph giving direction and encouragement to your time spent strolling or rolling.
You may choose to do the Walking Challenge as an individual or with a group from your Community of Faith. You may also want to take this on as a Stewardship project.
The program is available to you free; costs are covered by Chinook Winds Region.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Read Janice’s message below.
2. Sign up HERE to be part of the Walking Challenge
3. Invite others to join you on the Walking Challenge — your Community of Faith, Family, Friends — Share this email or notice.
4. Keep Track of your Kilometres (you may want to use an App such as Pacer) and email them to Rev. Nancy Nourse, Chair, Ministry Support Working Group. Nancy will keep track of how many kilometres we walk or roll in 21 days!
- “Like” the Chinook Winds Region’s Facebook Page. Stroll for your Soul organizers will be posting regularly. You can share your progress on these posts and keep track of others’ joining you on the 21-Day Stroll. Together, we may be able to walk together across Canada!
A Message from Janice MacLean, Prayer Bench
My name is Janice MacLean and I am host of the Prayer Bench, offering online resources for spiritual deepening.
I am delighted to support the Chinook Winds Walking Challenge across Canada with 21 daily emails offering a brief reflection and prompts for your St(roll).
Some will st(roll) alone or with a friend. Some walk with their dog. Some will stroll) as part of a group from a community of faith. Some people may stroll over to their window and lookout. Some will roll along on a bike, skateboard or wheelchair. Some will travel on their treadmill or stationary bike. There is no right or wrong way to participate in Stroll.
In beauty may we stroll. You will be st(roll)ing in familiar places but I hope these daily email with provide fresh vision of its beauty and greater appreciation of the joy of the present moment.
The first Stroll email will be in your inbox by 6 am every day, beginning Wednesday, May 19th and continue for the next 20 days.
During the Stroll days you might want to keep an Earth Journal and make written or drawn entries about moments of beauty that asked for your interest during your Stroll. You might want to write about moments of awe or times of learning. You might want to sketch sights of intricate design. I’ll offer some “After the Stroll” prompts.
Janice, Host of the Prayer Bench
Sign up for Stroll for the Soul HERE